A view of both buildings with children and congregation outside. As noted in the Colonist newspaper of 28th November 1917 -abridged- " ST.PETER'S SUNDAY SCHOOL HAVELOCK OPENING SERVICES - The St. Peter's Sunday School building which has just been completed, was formally opened by the vicar of Havelock (Rev.A.H. Heron) on Sunday afternoon last (25th November 1917) when at the announced time the room was comfortably filled with children and their friends. The schoolroom, which is 38 feet long by 20 feet wide, was built by Mr .A. Reade of Havelock, and reflects great credit on him as a builder. A soiree is to be held this evening, at which the best talent in Havelock will appear."
St Peter's Anglican Church & New Sunday School Havelock
28th November 1917
Photographer:James Raglan Akersten