The Government Gardens (originally known as Paepaekumanu) is a public park, partly laid out as gardens (late 1800's) located by Lake Rotorua in central Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, North Island, New Zealand. Built by the government as a tourism attraction, it is still a major tourism destination for New Zealand. Realizing the opportunity to create a South Pacific spa attraction, in 1908 the New Zealand government opened a large and elaborate bath house, built in the Elizabethan Tudor style of architecture.
Rotorua The Government Gardens
Photographers Card ID: