After doing duty for over 80 years the old church was, in 1959, replaced by a new structure, the erection of which had been greatly assisted through a bequest of £500 by Mr Peter Reid, of “Glenpanel,” a well-known farmer of the district who died in 1936. He was the son of Mr James Reid, an Arrowtown elder. The Petrov organ in the church was given by the Reid family and the communion plates by Mr G.H. Wardell, a farmer of Quaker lineage who was a faithful elder of the congregation for several years. The foundation stone of the new church was laid on 10 January 1959, by Miss A. Southberg, the oldest member of the church and at the opening ceremony a tablet in memory of the Rev. Donald Ross, given by Mr Eric Skinner, of Dunedin, was unveiled by Miss Mary Salmond, who was baptised by Mr Ross in 1887. In 1989 another rebuild and opening ceremony.
Queenstown-Frankton The Presbyterian Church
Photographers Card ID: