Anzac Park, originally known as Milton's Acre, has changed considerably over time, largely because of land reclamation. Milton's Acre - A Ship's Anchor Acre. In the mid 1800s fishing boats tied up on ‘Miltons Acre', the land now Anzac Park, which was owned from the time of European settlement by Captain W F Millton. Spring tides were especially good for larger vessels, while smaller flat-bottomed canoes and barges could proceed southwards up Saltwater Creek. Captain Millton's land was purchased by the Nelson City Council in 1897 and, by 1912, the area bounded by Haven, Halifax and Rutherford Streets had been reclaimed. Miltons Acre Reserve (somehow the spelling changed from the original Millton), was gradually transformed into the Park we know today.
Nelson Anzac Park
Below you will find the message written on the back of the postcard. In the event we have duplicates of the same postcard, multiple messages may be found below.
2nd to 7th from 1964 Note - Possibly a stock notation from the photographer/publisher
Photographers Card ID: