A view of "Upper" Lucknow Street looking south towards the mouth of the Kaituna River as it enters Havelock Harbour. Saint Peter's Anglican Church can be seen on the far left and diagonally opposite this the Town School. A wonderful vegetable garden is evident in the centre with the Saint Mary's Roman Catholic Church behind this and diagonally at it's back is the Sports Pavilion building on the Brownlee Domain.
Lucknow Street Looking South
1st January 1925
Photographer:James Raglan Akersten