A mail & passenger coach heading to Nelson. This would appear to be a Newman Bros coach as they obtained also the mail contract in 1904 Nelson to Blenheim specifying that they use a four-horse coach and the service was to be three times a week - this particular contract extended to 31st December 1906. On the far right of the card can be seen the Havelock Post Office (opened 1st October 1863) and next to that the Town Hall (built 1907) on the far left partly obscured is the Scott's Post Office Hotel.
Lucknow Street Havelock
Photographer:Frederick George Radcliffe (FGR)
Photographers Card ID: