A Newman Bros passenger and mail coach outside the Havelock Post Office, this building is partly obscured by the coach. Next on the left is the Town Hall which was rebuilt in 1907 and the Commercial Hotel complete with ale kegs outside waiting for collection or pickup? On the 1st January 1891 Newman Bros were given the mail contract for a 3 times a week service between Nelson, Havelock, Kaituna and Blenheim. The price was two hundred and fifty pound a year. A four-horse coach was specified on the contract.