Situated on the shores of Lake Tekapo is the Church of the Good Shepherd which, in 1935, was the first church built in the Mackenzie Basin. The church at Lake Tekapo was designed by Christchurch architect R.S.D. Harman, based on sketches by a local artist, Esther Hope. The church is arguably one of the most photographed in New Zealand, and features an altar window that frames views of the lake and mountains.
Lake Tekapo The Church of the Good Shepherd
Photographers Card ID: