Lake Pukaki Inn was situated on the main road, this hostelry was erected in 1947 when the former site was submerged for hydro electric construction. The original Lake Pukaki Inn stood on the north-east bank of the river outlet. It was built in 1876 and replaced in 1891. Until 1908 when a motor service was inaugurated from Fairlie, Pukaki was an important stopping place for parties travelling by coach to the Hermitage. The inn sign depicts McKenzie with his two faithful and innocent accomplices.
Lake Pukaki - Inn
Photographers Card ID: