A view of Cook Street heading down to the Havelock Wharf, with Cullen's Point diagonally opposite across the harbour. Buildings were added at the end of the wharf to offer protection for goods awaiting dispatch, especially the dairy product from the Havelock Co-operative Dairy Company. The 2-storied house in view was built approx. 1896 and belonged to Mr William Ross Brownlee (of timber mill fame) and his wife Christina, and their 5 children, Maggie, Isabella, John, Jesse & Jeannie.
Cook Street & Cullen's Point Havelock
Photographer:James Raglan Akersten