On 11 December 1929, the Edmond's Band Rotunda was opened. The Rotunda had been one of a few constructions paid for by the Edmond's family in celebration of their 50th year of living in Christchurch, a city they cared about very much. Sadly, the rotunda was lost to Canterbury quakes of 2011/2012. The dome and other items were saved before the final demolition. Thomas John Edmond's – a confectioner by trade – arrived in Christchurch in 1879 with his new bride Jane. He had great dream of developing his own baking powder and was so sure of his product, that he gave away samples, telling his customers to pay him later if they liked his product.Today, the name of Edmond's is still associated with good old Kiwi home baking!
Christchurch The Edmonds Rotunda
Photographers Card ID: