Blenheim's War Memorial and Clock Tower was unveiled in Seymour Square in 1928 and serves as the Marlborough province's principal monument to 419 residents killed during the First World War. The 16.5 metre clock tower was designed by Roger Bacon and cost £4450, paid for entirely by public subscriptions. The stone used to construct the tower was collected from all over the Marlborough region to permanently represent the contributions of all its towns to the war effort. Australian sandstone symbolises the co-operation between New Zealand and Australian forces during the conflict.Located adjacent to the memorial fountain, which commemorates those that served in the Second World War, the tower remains the centre of ANZAC Day celebrations.
Blenheim Seymour Square & War Memorial
Photographers Card ID: